my 2nd favouritest day of the year!!!!

An entire day, dedicated to hearts?  Why, thanks - don't mind if I do!  If only we could dress up and go trick or treating... Someone should start a new holiday called Valentween...

Click on the image to view the etsy page

OK.  I know, I know - there are those of you who pooh pooh Valentine's Day, saying, what about the other 364 days of the year?  I myself am a curmudgeon mostly, and often feel the same about Christmas, Family Day, St. Patrick's Day... they are over-commercialized, it's an excuse for hallmark and candy companies to make money, etc. etc.  I'm as cynical as the next guy, I assure you.

Click on the image to view the original deviant artist

And yet, there is something about these silly occasions that come up that make them just plain FUN to celebrate.  Just like St. patrick's Day is a great excuse to go drink green beer and talk in a bad Irish accent, if you forget about the commercial side of Valentine's Day, it can actually be a lot of FUN.  Like, why not make heart-shaped grilled-cheesers for your kids?  Why not bake a pan of heart-shaped brownies?  Why not write a cheesy poem (or do a striptease) for your partner?  Why NOT just embrace the cheesiness of Valentine's Day, and not even have to spend a penny?!

Click on the picture to view the original image
My challenge is for you to share some love today.  Send me your best roses are red poem, make up a haiku, share your favourite love song, post a recipe... get in the mood!!!  Here are some starters to inspire you:

Love Letters - think about sending a note to a stranger yourself!
Romantic Movies - do you think this list is complete?
This Song kills me every time, but if you could wear out a track on your iPod, This Song would be dead.  What's your favourite love song?


Then... watch right here for some exciting Valentine's Day inspired pictureLOVE, served up fresh by Yours Truly...  I love me some Valentine's Crazy!!!  




Happy Valentine's Day, Everyone!!!

Comments

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.