a little something to look forward to...

I love me a grand adventure.  I love me some crazy.  I love me some cheesy fun.  And so, when this Craigslist Ad went viral, I responded.  "Hi, there.  I'm not really interested in a date and I'm not generally in the habit of checking out singles ads - my husband tends to frown on it - but I think I'd like to photograph the awkward whimsy of your dating adventure..."

By the time I heard back, the situation had been picked up by Breakfast TV, who ended up doing some early morning speed dating to help Mr. Petersen find the lucky girl he'd be spending a weekend holding hands with sans any threat, promise, or ideal of anything more than not being alone for Valentine's Day weekend.  If you feel so inclined, I invite you to review how their epic yoga-restaurant hopping-party-infused weekend went... you can find plenty of witty banter between Eric and his lovely date Asia in the Twitterverse, replete with grainy iPhone pictures of them on their phones, a queen in full pancake, and of course food...  For my part, I invited them over and made them wear stupid hats, make dancing feet, and huddle outdoors in a frigid windy ravine while fake-playing a pink guitar....

The results of our collaboration on capturing "awkward whimsy" will not be ready for several days yet, but rest assured, it'll be well worth the wait.  In the meantime, this teaser sums up how ridiculously cheesy our short time together was:


In a strange twist, today I hit upon Eric's tweet about an overzealous Cupid.  I wonder what that could mean?  Call me a hopeless romantic, but I hope it means what I want it to... stay tuned ;)




Comments

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.