iLOVE: gaining insights

I really enjoy listening to TED talks, and these ones I stumbled across today really struck a chord with me.  This will have the most impact if you do it in order.  Trust me.

First, I want you to play a little word association game with me.  Copy and paste this list into a separate document and write down the first word or phrase that comes to your mind.  Be honest and don't cheat:

lesbian
female entrepreneur
baseball
hispanic
photographer
lawyer
gay man
baker
redneck
clinically depressed

Post your original and unedited list in the comments if you're brave, or email it to me at h dot walls at shaw dot ca from a fake email if you're not lol.

Next, watch THIS TED talk from the COO of Facebook.  Then watch THIS.

They were especially poignant set against the backdrop of "Groundhog Day" if you're familiar with the movie and our lecture in today's class, which I'll extrapolate and apply in proper context.  (I'm taking a sociology course on Deviance and Conformity this semester...)  I'm going to write about these from a photographer's perspective in the coming days, so get your master debater skills honed - this is going to be good :)

And, I'm tired of posting without pictures, so I'm going to share these shots of Serejane whipping my butt at War...


(seriously, she had me killed in under 10 minutes... I had SIX cards left at this point!)


...and doing the subsequent victory dance, complete with a fist pump.  She dealt when I wasn't looking so I'm thinking she has Rainman-esque card stacking skills.  Or maybe really good luck.  Happy Groundhog Day everyone!!!

PS I'm really excited about Ruby's pending alpaca sock monkey toy ~hint hint~

Comments

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.