There's something about September that always makes me want to gather nuts. It's a good time of year for me to take a step back, take stock, refresh, and take some time to renew my perspective on life. It's also a good time to do some fall cleaning.

The last few weeks I've been taking time to settle back into the school routine, for both me and my family, as well as making sure that all the weddings and families from my summer have their images delivered. We've also made some decisions about some outstanding repairs and renovations on the house - necessary evils to having a nice home.

I'm looking forward to announcing the dates and line-up for the 2011 Dirty Little Secrets, and very excited to finish blogging all my summer sessions including a few engagements, some weddings, and a tonne of adorable kids! Sorry for being such a slacker over the summer, but it was a much-needed break.

Regarding Facebook, yes, it's true, I have once again disabled my account. Lots of people ask me why I disable instead of just log out, and the reason is simple: when you log out, people keep sending messages and requests, and I simply don't get them and therefore can't respond. When I disable my account it means that people who really want to get a hold of me will find me through email or on the phone, and that way I'm not missing important messages. Don't worry - I'll be back to play Scrabble and post ridiculous youTube videos in October. For now, I'm really enjoying talking to people on the phone and sharing lengthy personal exchanges via email. I think everyone needs to take the occasional FB vacation. :)


Lastly, I am REALLY loving my class this semester.  I am taking the "Sociology of Religion" and it rocks.  Seriously - not only is the subject matter compelling, the prof ROCKS.  Big time :)  I'll share some insights later, and how it's tied into my own spiritual journey.  I've decided, above all else, that I am a firm believer in serendipity. 

In the meantime, here's some iPhoneography for you to enjoy...

Below:  My new Barbie Girl Video Camera. I'm taking suggestions for which songs would be good to make a video - feel free to post your favourite song! The kids are pretty excited to help out with this. It all started with me seeing this video, and I knew I had to have one. P.S. the song by Tiga is WICKED!!!  I loved the message on the "Pay it Forward" bike.  X3.  I've also really enjoyed the religious experience this man has had with double complete rainbows.  Love it.  Whether he was chemically assisted with this holy communion or not doesn't change the fact it's wonderfully wonderful - I wish I could get that excited about anything, really.  There have been several songs inspired by this video, but this one is by far totally WHOA!  The double complete rainbow you're seeing was painted on a guitar by yours truly, and posted specifically for Amy's benefit - no, you oughtn't be surprised by anything, sunshine, and you get to spend a WHOLE WEEK WITH ME in Mexico, you lucky dawg lol.  And lastly, there's a giant mushroom.  I've had a fantastic summer of mushroom sightings - from little villages of button mushrooms to tall narrow mystical looking towns, to this ridiculously HUGE mushroom that was not only huge, but turquoise in colour - simply amazing, for a fungus.


More to come,


~H.






Comments

Its awesome that you are doing sociology of religion, Not sure if its what I think it is, but something i would love to do when the kids are older. Its always interested andy and I. : )
Hope Walls said…
Rebecca - it's really a fascinating class - the first day, within the first 5 minutes, he had answered, "Does God exist?" in a way that put everyone on a level playing field regardless of beliefs. It's been a roller coaster of fun since :)
PixelPie said…
I like the idea of taking breaks. It's a good, refreshing idea. I'll be giving you a call soon hopefully, just to catch up. Miss ya! Glad you're enjoying your class!

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.