youLOVE: totally amateur, and lovin' it!

It's not common to include the high resolution images as a photographer. Frankly, it's practically unheard of amoungst so-called pros. The problem is, sometimes I change my mind. Sometimes I realize I'm spending more time in front of my computer handling client orders than going for walks with my own family. Sometimes as I'm sitting here I wonder if I wouldn't get more sleep if I went back to the way things were. Soooo... I'm going totally amateur about it. And loving the idea.

Why?

Well, when I went from providing the full-resolution images to the 4x6 printables, I essentially doubled my workload AND my clients' wait time, which was an inconvenience to both you, the client, and me, the photographer. When it comes right down to it, I have had the most amazing clients on the planet, and in (too many) years of doing this, aside of two sorta big incidents (one settled out of court) I've had no issues with misuse of images. I have no reason to mistrust you, and no desire to charge you more money at the expense of time with MY family. Because you guys ROCK. And give me amazing weddings and babies and LOVE to photograph!

So, I am pleased to announce that effective immediately, high-resolution images (printable up to 8x10) WILL be included with all sessions EXCEPT pin-up/boudoir and destination or KISS weddings. (Visit the website for complete details.) There will be a nominal increase from $175 to $200 per session, with the flexibility to still have your session for $175 with only watermarked webshare images and the use of The Stockroom to purchase individual prints if it better suits you.

PLEASE NOTE: Any clients who wish to have a CD of their high-resolution images from January 2009 through today (February 20, 2010), please contact me at h dot walls at shaw dot ca. There will be a $10 service charge per disc, and you are responsible for arranging pick-up. Full-resolution sets for 2009 weddings will be at a discounted price as well - contact me for details!

How's THAT for spreading the love?! I (heart) you guys... (and can HARDLY WAIT for my sessions on Sunday - a newborn, a one-year, a lovely couple, AND if all goes well, a birth!!! Go, S, go!!!)

Comments

Deanna said…
Yay!!! As I was prepared to purchase prints from you, I am totally excited about the disc, I love the disc and I love you as our photograher!!

I told Steve we had a session for pictures and he said "again?" and I said "yeah, but with Hope" "Oh, then I guess its not so bad then!" :P
Cyberkitty said…
... and for the reason that clients want some creative control and make their own albums and prints.
As we all know, it is fun to play with images - why horde it to ourselves?

Hope, I give high res away - always have (shhh it makes the insecure photogs awfully angry.) ... my time with my family is precious - my clients are happy. I am happy. My family is happy. Couldn't ask for anything else.
- Kyla
Hope Walls said…
LOL - I have to admit, I'm not a big fan of people doing their own "massaging" - I get hives seeing some of the atrocities created in Photoshop lol. I actually prohibit altering my images without written consent, but there are lots of people who shoot and hand the files over... Whatever works for us is perfect, you know? For me, I'm happy to have you print your own, but please don't make the flowers the only thing coloured in the pictures... that's so 1990s... lol
Cyberkitty said…
I totally get what you mean about the altering ..... but I have a lot of creative clients who enjoy scrapbooking and putting together their own hardbound books. I am always available to assist or even do the work (I love creating a beautiful album!)

Why not let them play too.
-Kyla
Hope Walls said…
Because I'm anal, of course... lol

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.