spreadLOVE: let us entertain you!

I believe the Elizabeth Stone quote is, "Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide to forever have your heart go walking around outside your body."

Yesterday, right before our Valentine Cards shoot, we had the joyous/depressing pleasure of attending Serejane's first ever school concert. She made me cry on the way there by telling me that she was excited to have a loose tooth. I cried when they sang skinnamarink. I didn't know if my heart was bursting or breaking, because Serejane is my last baby.


Now, you'd think by now I'm an old hand at this milestones thing. With 4 kids growing up in my home, theoretically practice should make perfect. I wish I could tell all you Moms out there that it gets easier, but so far it hasn't. They are born, they smile, they laugh, they sit, they crawl, they walk, they speak, they start school... and the next thing you know you're driving your son (who's wearing pink ladies' jeans) around to pawn shops to buy a guitar, talking about summer jobs and scholarships.

All I can say is, graduations x 4 is going to kill me (buy stock in Kleenex guys) and I'm really really really glad Art is a dog and not a real baby.

But, didn't I say let us entertain you? Well, for those of you looking for some fun and cool events for Family Day and/or Valentine's Day, I suggest to you the following:

On Saturday, February 13th, come on out for dinner, dancing, a silent auction, bellydancers, and more here in support of The Ride to Conquer Cancer.
Playing this weekend (and featuring my beloved Miss M. in the puppy chorus) is the Festival Place production of 101 Dalmations. Fun for the whole family - you can reserve your tickets here.
And, in case you need one more thing to round out the weekend, on Monday February 15th, Crankpots pottery studio on Whyte Ave has no studio fee. Call 780.414.1005 to book your table. Since we're taking a raincheck this year, there might be space for you ha!

Comments

kate said…
Such cute photos of Serejane. She really is growing up. ...and I'm terrible at milestones, too. You'd think I would have it down by now...
Princesstefer said…
Umm... I just realised that I was signed into my daughter's account, so that comment demanding rules to that game were me.

This weekend is pretty nutty, I'm just waiting for Hans to get home from work right now, but once he does we'll be out and about 'till Monday night.

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.