spreadLOVE: kickin' February into high gear

Hello, everyone! So, here it is, the second month of 2010, and did you know that it's officially Heart month? Didja? No? Well, now you do! Congratulations!


While NILMDTS and the Canadian Cancer Society remain causes closest to my heart, I would be remiss if I didn't acknowledge that my father died of a heart attack. Such an ironic thing for a man of his kind - in all the years I knew him his heart never "failed" once. But I digress.

In honour of Heart Month (whee I (heart) hearts!!!) I have signed up for the Heart & Stroke Foundation's door-to-door campaign in my community so if I come to your door note that I accept loonies, and really like hot chocolate. Now, the easy part is this - while I'll be hounding you for dollars in person, I'm not going to hound you for dollars on the blog but PICTURES!

Here's the deal. I am going to post a picture of a heart every day on the blog for 28 days straight. Each heart picture is worth $1. Now, to keep it interesting, if YOU want to amp it up, I want YOUR heart picture, too, and I'll throw in an extra loonie for every heart picture received (email it to h dot walls at shaw dot ca) BUT you MUST state that I am allowed to post it on this blog! For every 100 comments on the blog (Facebook comments don't count!) I'll add another $10 to the pot, and for each session I book I'll up the ante by $5.

My goal is $100. The first $28 are covered by yours truly. That means you have 72 chances to help me make it to $100. Spread the LOVE this February. As of today's post, the tally is as $1. Who's ready to ante up?

Comments

Hi Hope!
Can I bring a donation to the workshop on Sunday?
Hope Walls said…
Why of course you can!!!

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.