meLOVE: my footography shoe't for J.J.


So, there's no shame in having healthy-sized feet. In fact, by the time I was 9, I was in a ladies' size 9, and in my old age I go between a 9 and a 10, depending on the cut and manufacturer. One of my nicknames as a kid was Mammoth Foot, and anytime there was an opportunity to go skiing someone had to ask if I was going to need any. ~groan~

However, the cajoling did little to deter my love of footwear. Here, for Jennifer's viewing pleasure, (but yours too since you're here) is a sampling of my footwear. There is more, but I thought it would be silly to go overboard and include every single pair I own, like my utilitarian Merrel winter walkers, the umpteen pairs of flip-flops and sneakers, my Naturalizer walkabouts (which feel like little cloudpillows for my feet), and my knitted pink and silver argyll slippers... There's also the XC ski boots, the skates, the Crocs, and who knows what else... oh, yes - the tall boots and hooker spikes I leave under my desk at work... ummmm... I don't have a shoe fetish, I have a shoe problem. I'm OK with that :D

P.S. I also collect vintage dresses, J. You can see a few of them here. Anytime you wanna play dress-up, you let me know lol













Comments

kate said…
That's quite a collection! I'm working on downsizing my shoe/clothing collection because it has grown over the years and is full of many things I no longer wear. I see a pattern in your choice of footwear... height!

Enjoy your family day.
Hope Walls said…
Yeah, I usually hover in around 5'8" or 5'9", which ain't bad for someone who's just under 5'5". Most people are really confused when they see me in flat shoes. It doesn't happen often. I get this a lot: "I thought you were taller!"
I could totally rock those patent leather platform lace up boots.....those are a total "Jenn in high school" pick.

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.