summerLOVE: parading around town

Serejane & I took in the parade downtown this past Wednesday.  Maybe I'm old or maybe I've got too high expectations, but the last 2 parades I have gone to have been genuinely disappointing...  I remember going to the Klondike Days parade - Klondike Mike would be out there and the music from all the bands would often clash and overlap.  Clowns ran out into the crowd and people on floats tossed out goodies that kids could scramble into the streets and gather; this year's parade was about as interactive as watching a film of a (boring) parade.  Serejane was done before the parade was even over, opting for the excitement of a train ride over sitting in the hot sun and waiting to see if it was ever going to get good...  lucky for us, we had the camera handy.  Serejane was a great assistant, telling me what I needed to take a picture of.  Visit the Picasa album to read what her instructions were!

Comments

Tasha said…
we have gone to the parade every year... until this year. i remember it being a parade of cars and horses and i was not all that excited to go sit through that again. so we skipped out.... and i'm glad to hear we didn't miss much!
Tanya said…
I totally agree with you. I remember the floats and costumes being alot better to.

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.