meLOVE: bobbing for cancer

So, I have to say, I find it interesting that the reaction I've gotten from most people is, "Don't worry!  It looks great!"  I have been told I look cute no less than 8 times.  I'm not sure 'cute' is a word I would regularly associate with me, but sure - OK.

I love a bob - I love my haircut - I love Stacie for doing a fantastic job and am glad to have raised a litlte extra for her Ride to Conquer Cancer.  I just hate short-ish hair for me.  For whatever it's worth, I wasn't worried that a bob would look good.  I'm not that vain.  (I'm actually much more vain - I think the bob was created for me ~smirk~.)  My resistance to cutting it was the loss of the ability to get up in the morning and ride my bike without worrying about helmet head.  As a bicycle commuter, anything that requires styling is not a practical 'do.  Really long hair or really short hair you can usually work around with a helmet, but anything that requires 'styling' is probably not going to work very well.  I'm a wash-n-wear kinda girl and generally speaking I don't use hairspray, blowdryers, or barettes, all of which are a necessity of having not-long hair that doesn't look unkempt.  Sure, a pixie cut or a total shave would have been better for cycling, but I went with a bob because it's the least distance to having hair long enough to put in a ponybun again...

Whatever the case may be, the point wasn't a fashion thing - it was to cut my hair off and donate it for wigs.  12" total, 9" of usable hair later, I've gone bobbing.

Busdriver busdriver open the door!

Blue Steel

Yoink!
There.  I posted pics of the bob.  You happy now?

Comments

Anne said…
You look hot!!!! Nice work!!!!!
Donna Fritsen said…
Lookin' good. Love the look on you.
fmartell2 said…
Love it!! And love YOU for doing it!!
well I think you look FANTASTIC...and cute. Muah!
cathy said…
Good for you Hope. And I LOVE your new look! Beautiful! Inside and out you are :D
Meagan said…
I'm not gonna say cute, I'm gonna say HOT!!

Pic 2 also makes me think sophisticated, but pic 1 and 3 make me question that;)
Jordan said…
oh so sexay!
Laura Jane said…
I LOVE IT!!! I am jealous that you can pull this off!

Can't wait to see it in person!
Collene said…
definetly HAWT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kate said…
love it.
Carol Kerfoot said…
I CANT SEE THE PICTURES!!!!

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.