myLOVE: a Thursday rant

A couple of days ago an amber alert was issued for a 5-month old boy abducted (accidentally) when a 14-year old saw the opportunity to steal an unlocked running vehicle. Read more about it here. Had the vehicle been left (unlocked and running or not) while Mom was buying groceries or getting her hair done it would be one thing, but Mom was across the street picking her daughter up from the school. I don't know if the truck was in sight - I know I've had to park a block away - but even if it wasn't, all I know is that it is a sad day and age we live in when we have to develop so much paranoia as parents.

I always thought I was just being skittish for making sure the car is off and locked when I leave our 14-yo in the car with the little ones so I can zip into the Safeway for a jug of milk (which only happens when the 14-yo is present otherwise I drag them ALL in with me lol.) Apparently, that kind of paranoia is a necessity. So sad. I don't know if I should feel sad for the parents of the 14-yo boy, too - are they the type of parents who will hang their heads in shame and confusion wondering what the hell was going through their son's head, or the kind who will say next time don't get caught, and bring us some beer?

Comments

Angie said…
The world really is a scary place

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.