tubeLOVE: rockin' John Mayer

I discovered John Mayer late in the game. The song "Daughters" became somewhat of an anthem for me during my grieving process when my Daddy died. For a youngun, John's got some pretty heavy words of wisdom, and even when I'm not a huge fan of the tune, the lyrics always win me over.

I've heard this song before. But I actually listened when it came on the radio on the drive home today. I put the lyrics below the video, in case you want to read it like poetry.  Which it is.  First W&C's Mama's poem, now this.  My radar must be back in working order again.



Take all of your wasted honor
Every little past frustration
Take all of your so-called problems,
Better put 'em in quotations

Say what you need to say...

Walking like a one man army
Fighting with the shadows in your head
Living out the same old moment
Knowing you'd be better off instead,
If you could only . . .

Say what you need to say...

Have no fear for giving in
Have no fear for giving over
You'd better know that in the end
Its better to say too much
Then never say what you need to say again

Even if your hands are shaking
And your faith is broken
Even as the eyes are closing
Do it with a heart wide open

Say what you need to say...

Comments

kate said…
I love this song. Huge fans of John Mayer in this house.

Have you seen the movie (bucket list)? It's a must see.

I'm here.

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.