myLOVE: the 'I am...' exercise

I gave the workshoppers an exercise this week of doing an 'I am...' list, to accompany last week's self-portraits.  To help them get started I decided to post my own 'I am...' list, and hope to add pictures to accompany it tomorrow if daylight will cooperate lol.  Photographer or not, feel free to play along.

I am Mama.
I am Mrs. Walls.
I am my mother's daughter.
I am my sisters' sister.
I am a loyal and honest friend.
I am a photographer.
I am an anal-retentive student.
I am both a wise and foolish woman.
I am a traveller.
I am a sensitive and curious soul.

Comments

kate said…
Oooh I like this!

I am... not sure if I will do this because I'm afraid of what I'll say!
Hope Walls said…
In the great words of Jesh de Rox, "Walk towards your fear." lol
kate said…
I always thought it was, "Run away from your fear"...
Hope Walls said…
Here's something tat was explained to me many many years ago: physiologically, your body's response to fear and excitement are the same - increased heart rate, adrenalin rush, sweaty palms... etc. Now, in some cases, common sense will tell you to run - being faced by a dangerous person in a dark back alley would be one of those times. However, when it's something you're just nervous about, like public speaking, or trying something you've never tried before, changing your perspective to be 'excited' instead of 'afraid' is really quite simple. Saves my ass every time.
I love it! I AM thankful you are my friend. I just did this exercise too. Muah!

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.