looking back, looking forward

Of course whenever the old calendar runs out of squares to fill in, and we happily tack up the cute kitties calendar that came free with the pizza for the new year, we're prone to reflecting on the year that's come to a close, and ponder what the one we're about to embark upon will bring us.

2008 has been a virtual whirlwind, a year of great learning, and great friendships. When I look back at 2008 I will always remember it as the one during which I cemented relationships with my clients, built amazing new relationships with the 2008 DLS workshoppers, and made the late but wise decision to slow things down so I could spend more time with the people closest to me - my husband and children. I also will remember it as the year I reconnected with my beloved YoWoChAs friends, who may not ever truly comprehend how much their friendship changed the course of my life and shaped the person I am today.

What does 2009 hold? It kicks off with our anniversary - Bill and I have known each other for over 20 years, but have spent 5 of them as officially hitched as of January 1. There's definitely some travel (the Dominican Republic in January and Mexico in May). The end of a few Belly-to-Birthday packages, during which I have to bid a sad farewell to the babies I've watched from bumps to babblers. One shooting day a month, plus a handful of very exciting weddings (Billie's little brother is getting married!!!) And, of course, the 2009 Dirty Little Secrets Workshops, which I was counting down the sleeps to before I even started counting down to Christmas. My oldest child will start high school, and my youngest will start Kindergarten - I imagine September will be a very bittersweet month for me.

As I enjoy these last few days of R&R with my family before plunging into 2009 head-first with eyes closed and heart open, I hope you and your loved ones have had as lovely a holiday season as me and mine. Blessings to you all, and a very Happy New Year. See you in '09!!!

Comments

shutterbug said…
Happy New Year, Hope!!
Amy said…
Your making me cry!!
I always find New Years an emotional time.
Happy New Year Hope!
kate said…
Happy New Year to you and your family... And happy anniversary!
Happy New Year! I love your post. Now onto the next DLS workshops. You must be so excited! I'm looking forward to all the great things 2009 will bring!
Talitha Watkinson said…
wonderfully put!
fmartell2 said…
Lets hope 2009 is just as good or even better than 2008.
As for Joe's wedding. I am looking forward to seeing you more than any of the other guests...lol

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.