sunsets in autumn

About the only time I like shooting as much as overcast days is in the late-late afternoon in autumn, when the sky gets that hazy thick-as-honey glow that washes over everything and gives you sudden cravings for soup and toast.

This year marks the third autumn I`ve had the pleasure of doing annual portraits for the T family.

The girls have grown into beautiful young ladies and their brother is turning into a handsome young man, and baby sister R, well -

this is what she thought of me this particular day. (She`s going to be a big sister early next year!)

I`m not one to give up easily, though. Really, this is like a dare. Look carefully at the photo below. Note the shadow of something resembling a moose in the bottom right corner.
That would be Yours Truly balancing on my head a termite-infested half rotten log (yes LOG, as the sticks weren`t interesting enough to keep her attention anymore...) Now THAT`s dedication. With my daring act I eventually managed to pull a smile out of her and get a nice family photo without my shadow in it, but I like this Hope-as-Bullwinkle one better. I rule.
After we managed to get THEE family shot done, there was plenty of time for horsing around. (That`s Dad showing his son some horse poop - no boys or animals were harmed in the taking of that picture, though there may have been one or two of us with a stitch in our sides from laughing.)
Airplane twirls and tippy overturned hollow log wrestling... fives of minutes of entertainment!
Once the tomfoolery was done and the sun was threatening to leave us in the bitter cold that immediately follows the sun leaving you in shadows, we got ready to head for higher ground and the last of the afternoon sun.

For all their bickering and dirty looks, at the end of the day it`s pretty obvious these three are tight.

Dad often works away from home and has missed out on being in pictures with little miss R, so it was extra-special to get this sweet shot of them together before driving off (literally) into the sunset.

Comments

Brandi said…
I absolutely love that father-daughter shot! I hope the family blows it up LARGE for their home!
Becks said…
Gorgeous.

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.