exercises: week of June 8, 2008

Alright everyone - North Country Fair, the Relay for Life, and my Gramma's funeral are all taken care of, so it's time to get back into some exercises and get those creative juices flowing again.

We left off with putting together a set of 5 old and 5 new pictures that demonstrate or sum up what we ultimately see as being our best work, what makes us want to pick up a camera and shoot. Frankly, I have over 100,000 images and picking just 10 was like asking me to pick a favourite child. I did, however, narrow the field down, and am working on putting together a slideshow. I'll share that as soon as it is completed, though I wouldn't hold my breath for that being anytime before the end of July. If YOU have yours ready, I would love to see what you've put together.

The travelling suitcases will be travelling soon. Anyone else wanting in on the train, just let me know and we'll put you on the list!

Since it's been such a busy hectic time for everyone, I came up with a ~wee~ exercise that's fun, too. One of the most popular things in the photography market these days are diptychs, triptychs, and storyboards. In many ways, it's the equivalent of digital scrapbooking. What I'd like you to photograph this week is a set of 2 or 3 images that demonstrate the passage of a very brief period of time. And by little, I mean little - a dandelion being blown off, a child going down a slide, someone jogging down the street, a sneeze, first steps, a bird flying by, the second hand on a clock moving, etc. When you're done, post them to your blog to share! Happy shooting!

Comments

Cathy said…
Hello!

I am turning into a chicken (well not physically) but I have the opportunity to take some photos in a style that I am VERY interested in doing, but I am scared to take them.

Do you have any pointers, tips to get over this initial fear!?! How do I take this leap without freaking!?! I need to do this, but I have stalled.

Signed,

S. Cat

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.