Wren's little boy sister

Nice legs, guys!

Jen laboured like a pro.  Jody was so calm and soothing I almost fell asleep.  Twice.

This was the elusive blueberry hat Wren's little boy sister was given to wear.  We couldn't find it at first.  I suggested we use the skull and crossbones Huggalugs but that was a no-go.

The great baby hand-off. The baby has no name. I figure I'll just call him Eric (short for generic) until they announce his real name.

Hat on head, Wren's little boy sister was ready for a first diaper. 

Jody oiled up good and gave the baby a good rubdown before handing him back to Mom.

A little painkiller for Jen - after all the work it took to get Wren's 9lb 11oz little boy sister out, she deserved it.

Congratulations, and thank you for letting me share, Jen, Wren, and Jody.  When I come down from cloud 999 I *might* be coherent enough to actually tell you what happened.  For tonight, I'm just going to bask.  Once Mamma to Wren has had a chance to review the pictures, I'll post a couple of my favourites.

Comments

Mama Bear said…
Amzing how you can put together a mood and a story with those shots. I love how you can just barely see Jen's face in the "hand-off" but can see the emotion.

Enjoy your cloud.
These are the most incredible pictures Hope. I love your style!
Tanya said…
Awesome shots. Congrats to the family!
Laura Jane said…
Wow! VERY cool! actually, amazing. I can't wait to see more, I'm hooked!
Cathy said…
[fabulous]
Lynda said…
Wow. Gave me goosebumps.
Amazing work! Love the hand off shot and the shot with the pill, so delicate!
ticblog said…
"Work" is probably not the best adjective for it... Honestly, I am flabbergasted to be asked to attend anyone's birth. I've had the honour and pleasure of being present for the birth of 5 babies besides my own. It's never any less mind-blowing. And it falls outside the realm of work in ways I can't even begin to describe. I'm still flying. I hope it doesn't end for many more days.
Anonymous said…
Thanks for these pictures Hope. I'm Jen's sister, and it is so precious to our family to see these. I am misty-eyed and so appreciative that you created this blog on the birth of baby H!!
shutterbug said…
Wow, you painted a great story. I had tears in my eyes. Congrats to Jen again!

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.