two, too cute!

People always ask me how I get these great headshots.  


Truth is, I don't get the great headshots.  Kids like taking their own pictures.

We snuck this session in on the morning of Riley's big T-W-O party, since I had to duck out on our original appointment to keep him (and Mom, who's baking up a sibling as we speak) from getting strep throat.  It was one of those awful sessions where it goes on and on forever, and I just keep getting one amazing shot after another, and THEN I'm supposed to go home and pick 20-or-so of the best ones for the album, but ALL the pictures are amazing, so I end up being very un-picky about the 'keepers' and the client ends up with, like, a bazillion or so pictures...



After being quickly disenchanted with the paparazzi (me) chasing him around, Riley decided he preferred self-photographing with the cable release and took a few (83) pictures of himself while we were on the main floor.  We then headed upstairs to see his big boy bed.  He played me some music, danced a bit, and played a little peek-a-boo with me before heading to Mom & Dad's room to mess up the bed.




A few more games of hide-and-peek, and a bit of drippy watermelon for a snack, then Riley took me outside to show me his snow-shovelling prowess.


It was the nicest date I've had in years.  

Better watch out, Mom and Dad - with all that charisma, and those gorgeous blue eyes, you'll be chasing little girls off your doorstep before he hits kindergarten!

Comments

Tanya said…
I love the shot of him peeking from under the bed? Very cute!
Very cute ! And a lovely tale to go with them !
Mama Bear said…
Photography question: I love the background while Riley is shoveling the snow. How was that done?
ticblog said…
Riley is in the shade of his house, and the sun was shining on the snowbank between the houses, ergo, the white-out: no fancy tricks, it's just over-exposed.
Mama Bear said…
Fooled me, lol. Turned out quite nice. I think my favorite is the one by the fridge(?) with the devilish laugh, like he just did something that you do NOT want to know what!
ticblog said…
You learn to look for opportune lighting moments like that. That pic is Riley eeking out from behind my backdrop, laughing with a mouthful of watermelon, and drooling about half of it down his shirt...

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.