"Are you a professional photographer?"

Sort of.

I get paid to take pictures, and I sell some of my pictures, and I publish some of my pictures in newspapers. I conduct myself in a professional manner when it comes to taking photos of people. I've taken several courses, classes, and workshops on photography but I went to school for arts administration. I hang out with a few photographers and have worked with some really cool photographers. I own enough equipment and props to bung up any decent-sized storage space. I do not belong to any professional photography associations or have a permanent studio. If you ask me what I do for a living I will tell you I am a research administrator, but my friends will always append, "And a photographer!" Some days, if I am feeling cheeky, I might tell you I am an artist. Most days, if you ask me about my life, I usually tell you about my husband and children before we get to the research admin or photography stuff.

You decide.

Comments

Babzy said…
I decide all of the above and then some.
just me said…
When is the best time to plant hydrangeas if you live in Virginia? I usually have a moderately green thumb when it comes to vegetables, and flowers, but shrubs confound me everytime. Any ideas?
Hope Walls said…
just me - how nice to see you. Thank you for checking out my dirty little secrets. I'm not sure what me answering if I'm a 'professional photographer' or not has to do with you hydrangeas, but I'll take a stab at it over in the gardening section, if you don't mind.

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.