What does blogging mean to me?

1) Name the person, with link, who tagged you.

2) Complete the questionnaire without changing the questions.

3) Tag other people. This tag is a questionnaire to be answered on the topic "What does blogging mean to me?"


I was tagged by a rambling moose.

QUESTION 1: Are you happy/satisfied with your blog, with its content and look?

Appearance: this week yes but I have BTADD (blog template attention deficit disorder) and like to change it up every now and again. Content: yes. Look: isn't that the same thing as appearance?

QUESTION 2: Does your family know about your blog?

Yup.

QUESTION 3: Do you feel embarrassed to let your friends know about your blog or do you just consider it I private thing?

Not embarrassed at all. (hey, wait a minute, that's two questions...)

QUESTION 4: Did your blog cause positive change in your thoughts?

Not my blog, but some others' have.

QUESTION 5: Do you only open the blogs of those who comment to your blog or do you love to go and discover more by yourself?

I go off wandering in blogland every now and again. It's kind of like a trip to the secondhand store though - if I go in search of something specific, I am invariably disappointed, but if I just kind of amble along like a drunk puppy, I usually stumble across something worthy of reading.

QUESTION 6: What does your visitor counter mean to you? Do you care about put it in your blog?

I have no counters. I like visitors but I'd blog even if no one visited.
(who wrote this tag? Babzy? dammit - that's two questions again, and the second one is missing a word. wth? )

QUESTION 7: Did you try to imagine your fellow bloggers and give them real pictures?

How can I give real pictures to the bloggers in my imagination?

QUESTION 8: Do you think there is a real benefit to blogging?

It's cathartic, keeps my family & clients up to date, and gives me something to fill my time over lunch hour when I just don't feel like doing anything more intense.

QUESTION 9: Do you think that bloggers society is isolated from the real world or interacts with events?

Both. There are both individuals and cliques that are so far removed from reality they are laughable. Example: the kiddie blogs where they have lost the ability to spell entire words like Y-O-U and A-R-E and the illiterate whack jobs who post vile and disrespectful things intended to hurt, insult, or belittle people. Then there are those I genuinely enjoy visiting because regardless of what their blog revolves around be it politics, family, photography, depression, etc., they are witty, timely, interesting, and well spoken.

QUESTION 10: Does criticism annoy you or do you feel it's a normal thing?

I'm my own worst critic. Normally, I annoy the piss out of myself.

QUESTION 11: Do you fear some political blogs and avoid them?

I don't fear them or avoid them or religious ones, but they are far too often written by humourless hate-mongers or ~yawn~ really boring people, and I simply choose not to waste my time on them.

QUESTION 12: Did you get shocked by the arrest of some bloggers?

Not really, no. Freedom of speech is a double-edged sword.

QUESTION 13: Did you think what would happen to your blog after you died?

Did I? Am I already dead? (ok, ok - enough teasing about the grammatical errors in the tag...) I presume it'll get sucked into the black abyss unless one of my family members is smart enough to copy and paste it all into a word document and turning it into the bestseller it's just waiting to be. ~snicker snicker snort~

QUESTION 14: What do you like to hear? What's the song you might like to put in a link, in your blog?

(I know I said I was done, but 2 questions again... geebers...) I like to hear my kids laughing and my husband breathing. If I had a song playing on my blog it'd be the magnificent YoYo Ma playing the Bach Suites.

Tag : YOU'RE IT!

blogger's note: It didn't say how many people to tag, and I only know a few, and Alphonse only picked three, so here are my three:

Babzy - tidbits of cerebral flotsam and jetsam from a quirky, outspoken lady (currently) hellbent on deflammitizing the world (I know that's not a real word, but shoot, there are so many grammatical errors in the original tag already it's enough to make me cry...)
Armybrat - it's like the who's who of the children's emergency ward over there - GET CRACKIN' Christine!
Murrayville Mom - 5 children and one on the way, she brings new meaning to Calgon Take Me Away

Comments

Babzy said…
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA LLAL (laughing like a loon)
There is no way in hell I'm going to answer all those questions and have "someone" make fun of me.

Okay, I'll do it but I'm going to copy and paste all your answers because I couldn't possibly be more entertaining to the bloglic than this hilarity.

I've diluted my coffee with laughing tears.
alphonsedamoose said…
HOPE: THANKS VERY MUCH. i LOVED THE ANSWERS TO #7 AND #13. BLAME THE QUESTION ON CATMOVES. HE TAGGED ME. HE ALSO TAGGED BABZY. NOW SHE HAS TO ANSWER. WE WIL GET HER YET. LOL
Babzy said…
Ah'm a-comin'...
ticblog said…
Thanks for visiting, Catmoves. I'm a harmless smart-ass. the questions were good, just written conversationally. And Babzy there needs a good ribbing every now and again.

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.