at a snail's pace

Last night Bill & I finally got the living room furniture put back in place. I put out the framed pictures and put the plants back where they live and the knick knacks are out again, but I can't find the motor for my bloody fountain, dangit. But the house was back together enough for me to bake a batch of cookies for the first time in probably months. We sent the children to bed last night with happily watering mouths and complaints about how hard it would be to sleep with the smell of cookies everywhere in the house. And here I thought it was hard to sleep with the smell of polyurethane in the house...

If I had a week to do nothing but work on putting the house back together, I *might* have it close. But we've been busy, and we'll be busy for a while yet. It's good busy, though. Productive busy, even if it is coming along like molasses in January. Tonight will be more of the same snail's pace putting-away phase, and hopefully by the end of the weekend we'll be at a point where we can sigh and take a breather for a day or two before tackling... the upstairs bathroom...

I got to have lunch with my son today, all alone, just the two of us. It was nice, and I think I may have to make a point of spending more time alone with him before he's too old and too cool to have lunch with his Mom.

Comments

fmartell2 said…
I don't think I could sleep with the smell of cookies in the house!
You are just EVIL!
fmartell2 said…
I don't think I could sleep with the smell of cookies in the house!
You are just EVIL!
Babzy said…
Hello, nice to hear from you. I like cookies.
alphonsedamoose said…
Good idea the lunch. The kids groe up so fast.

I also like cookies.

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.