sabbatical week 1: light, motion, and texture

I'm throwing composition and colour out the window this week, and focusing on capturing either in combination or individually very basic elements, namely: light, motion, and texture. Because I'm often doing family or event photography, I'm focussed more on the 'money shots' than being able to indulge in capturing these soft pleasurable effects. In dedicating a week to this, I hope to heighten my awareness of these elements when doing family and event photography so that I may actively exploit them. I'll be posting this week's shooting here. I welcome your feedback and critique - what works for you, what doesn't, and why. Don't be afraid of hurting my feelings here - the point of this sabbatical is to grow as an artist.

Why are they interesting or boring? Ignoring composition, are they successful (or ineffectual) at portraying the elements of light, texture, and motion? I'm looking for technical feedback, and hopefully an emotional reaction from one or two of them - is one of the images particularly attractive? Disturbing? Fun? Happy? Depressing? Annoying? Dig deep. Think harder. Look with a critical eye as well as your heart.

Comments

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.