grad: Living Waters Christian Academy

My day:

  • left the house at 8:52 a.m.
  • grabbed a bottle fo water at the gas station at 9:00 a.m.
  • arrived at Chickakoo lake for family sessions at 9:42 a.m.

  • finish family sessions at 11:34 a.m. and head for LWCA

  • stopped to photograph cute cows on the way to LWCA at 11:42 a.m.

  • got off gravel road and onto smooth pavement and realized I had a popped tire at 11:47 a.m.
  • pull over, unload stuff in back of van, get spare tire out(which is more of a Timbit than a doughnut) and install it, throw blown tire in back, reload van, hit the road to LWCA again at 12:07 p.m.
  • 12:31 p.m. arrive at LWCA, photograph graduation ceremonies, head for WalMart at 2:12 p.m.

  • 2:46 p.m. end up at Canadian Tire after being told no chance at WalMart, and begging them to change my tire by 4:00 p.m. so I can make it to the new location for formals (changed due to construction) by 4:30 p.m.
  • 3:12 p.m. make alternate arrangements to get to formal session, drop the keys off at Crappy Tire, and the wonderful young punks (who probably got in BIG doodoo for it) agree to change my tire, tell me to come back in half an hour.
  • spend time wandering aimlessly around the strip mall, buying water and trying on sensible runners, return to pick up van which has new tire installed (and spare reattached to underside AND trashed rubber stashed in a bag in back of van since they figure it looks like a faulty tire and I should have warranty on it since it's only a month old) at 3:57 p.m.
  • run through Crappy Tire till to grab batteries and head off to acreage for formals at 4:06 p.m.
  • (I'm not making these times up - I watched the damn clock like a HAWK today...)
  • arrive at acreage and commence formals at 4:24 p.m.

  • finish up formals (what an AMAZING group of young women and men!) at 6:08 p.m. and head for the dinner; realize I have forgotten my flash on a bloody fence beside a lamp post at the acreage and PANIC (though I did OK I think with the built-in flash - not perfect, but passable *sigh*)
  • finish dinner and presentations at 8:27 p.m.
  • make arrangements for me to pick up flash unit tomorrow from person attending aftergrad party at acreage at 8:28 p.m.
  • note big dark storm clouds and head out to acreage to save flash unit from rain storm at 8:29 p.m.
  • call sister to see how kids are doing, mention my gas light is on at 8:36 p.m.
  • retrieve flash unit at 8:59 p.m.
  • sputter (literally) on fumes into the gas station and fill tank at 9:22 p.m.
  • arrive home, safe and sound, new tire installed, flash unit in hand, gas tank full, and begin to transfer pictures to hard drive at 10:00 p.m.
  • get message from computer that my hard drive is full at 10:56 p.m.
  • install spare hard drive (I have one, yes) and finish uploading pictures at 11:05 p.m.
  • process pictures and decide to blog about my day at 1:04 a.m.
  • going to bed now, at 1:23 a.m.






eta: The cows were in love. See?

Comments

Byers Fam said…
Hey I know those kiddos!!

Looks like you are my family photographer huh!?

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.