urban puddle ducks

I'm always pretty busy, but I've worked late (VERY late) twice this week, and tonight on my way home, I had to stop and pick up the empty bike trailer, since Bill had long-since taken Serejane home. I'm feeling pretty sad and have been missing my family and friends this week.

The sun was setting and it was still really warm outside... and I heard a slurping kind of noise. Now. It's not uncommon to see magpies, blackbirds, crows, or seagulls putzing around in city puddles, and I've seen ducks in ponds and ditches and sloughs, but ducks in a puddle at a school playground... this was a new one for me. I was really excited to come home and share it with the kids, and Bill says, "Oh, yeah - we saw them there on Tuesday... " So much for my big surprise, hey? *sigh* Nevertheless, biking has been awesome for enjoying the day-to-day scenery. Had I been driving, I'm sure I'd have completely missed the puddle ducks.

I especially love spring and autumn sunrise and sunset, and for a few weeks in spring and autumn, I get to ride in both. This was what the sky looked like from my yard when I got home today. If I'm quick on the draw, I think tomorrow I'll try and get a sunrise picture because in a few more days, sunrise will happen long before my feet hit the floor...

Comments

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.