Unfortunate


For my stepdaughter's birthday, she only had two requests: a strawberry cake, and a pinata full of fortune cookies. We left the cake up to a dear friend who makes these crazy amazing beautiful AND delicious cakes. The pinata, I stupidly volunteered to make, though it turned out (if I do say so myself) quite lovely and was - pun entirely intended - a big hit.


The party was a good 3 weeks ago, and I just ate the last fortune cookie. This may not sound like much of an accomplishment unless you are aware that finding a little pinata-stuffing sized box of individually wrapped fortune cookies is nearly impossible! As the date of the party drew nearer, I began to panic, and by the day of the party, alas, no fortune cookies had been found.

I had gone to pick up the cake and figured I'd take my chances and see if, just *if* there might be some individually wrapped fortune cookies. At the wholesalers. lol (You can see where this is going now, can't you? lol) Under duress, ANYONE would have bought the $16.98 case of 400 individually wrapped fortune cookies. So that 14 could go in the pinata. Right? At least the cake was tasty...


But today is a good day. After delivering bunches of them to any and everyone I could, putting them out as hors d'oeuvres and desk treats, leaving them as tips in restaurants, serving them up as dessert, stuffing them in gift bags as special extras for other people, sending them in lunches, and calling any I found on the floor fair game for the trash bin, at long last, I am unfortunate.

Comments

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.